Summer School 28th August – 2nd September Jaroměř-Josefov 2018
Responsibility and Interaction in Public Space
Proposed International interdisciplinary workshop is organized by the Department of Theatre Studies, Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University in Brno in partnership with the Department of Theatre and Film Studies, Faculty of Arts, Palacký University Olomouc and Institute of Polish Culture, Faculty of Polish Studies, University of Warsaw. It will take place in Jaroměř – Josefov, East Bohemia, from 28th August to 2nd September 2018.
The Workshop will focus on relations between cultural performative actions and rituals and the public sphere. It brings together students and scholars to inquire collectively and collaboratively into relations between current cultural and political processes in Central Europe, while taking methods of theatre and performance studies, cultural studies and anthropology as a starting point for an interdisciplinary exploration of the topic.
More specifically, three mixed Czech and Polish working groups will spend five days of intensive collaboration to share knowledge of a) ethics of applied cultural anthropology, b) (Re)building communities, and c) politics and aesthetic of wasting time. All three themes will be introduced with a keynote given by an expert and reflected upon in final general debate. Besides its educational aspect the ambition of the workshop is to strengthen bonds between university students and scholars in Central Europe, to establish a broader platform for exchanging ideas across the field of cultural studies, social anthropology, and theatre and performance studies, as well as to develop innovative concepts in order to address their common research challenges.
• If you are interested, please complete this form by 20th June 2018 https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VK3zqNtMEkgZm62d6Piyu3Ta-rCocJ_eSmT3xANmW4U/edit?usp=drive_web.
• The number of participants is limited. If the number of applicants is too high, participants will be selected based on the information in the form.
• The working language is English.
• Participants will receive a pass certificate.
For more information, please visit website or contact one of the organizers.
• Lukáš Kubina (firstname.lastname@example.org), 732 245 946, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Rep.
• Martin Bernátek (email@example.com), 739 989 706, Palacký University, Olomouc, Czech Rep.
• Weronika Parfianowicz (firstname.lastname@example.org), University of Warsaw, Poland